Dinners Around The WorldSometimes food makes me do crazy things
This is a work in progress at the moment, as I have a lot of love to add to this list.
- Spinasse – Craveable Dish: Tarjarin Burro e Salvia
- Willow’s Inn at Lummi Island – Gelinaz Shuffle
- Il Canto, Siena, October 2011 – Best overall meal, wonderfully experimental. Certosa di Maggiano was fabulous just out of season.
- Le Calendre, Rubano (Venice), October 2011 – Wanted to do special biennial menu, but was persuaded (strong armed) to do the “basic” tasting menu even though we’d eaten at bar night before and had similar dishes. Really wanted cheese after seeing the cart and it was put away before being offered. Large portions. Stayed at attached inn, which as exquisite.
- Osteria Francescana, Modena, October 2011 – Sat by Brazilians who skyped the whole meal, loudly. Food was still great. Craveable Dish: Parmesan Five Way.
- September 2015 – Gordon Ramsay at the Trianon Versailles | Jules Verne | L’Astrance | Sola
- Geranium, Copenhagen – January 2014 – One of the best overall experience and food melds.
- Noma, Copenhagen – January 2014 – We sat at the community table, wonderful experience. Craveable Dish: Roasted Pine Leaf Cauliflower